Monday, July 23, 2012

San Antonio Weekender



We made a little weekend trip to San Antonio because the band in which Mike plays bass, Brewtality Inc., had a show at The White Rabbit. Brewtality Inc. is a good time, punk rock/rock 'n roll drinking band - always fun and always reminds me of being a bad ass in my twenties! I get chills now at least once during their set, remembering good times and just enjoying my friends. xo! Awesome group of dedicated, sweetie pie guys!

We stayed at El Tropicano on the Riverwalk. It's a 50's tiki lounge-style hotel. It has tons of potential but it's definitely lacking in service, amenities, and a touch of class. Apparently it's been remodeled so I can't imagine what a shithole it must have been prior to the rennovations. It's fine if you can appreciate a trip back in time and an unintentional nod to all things seedy but not if you're looking for something more upscale. That said, it makes me think of old Hollywood glam (think Rat pack in Vegas or the Cuban equivalent lounge singer in Miami) but, again, they need some help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment