Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Unique Bathrooms

OK, so I love documentary photography, street photography, hotels, motels, Holiday Inn ... horror movies, grindhouse, foreign film, neon signs, and you can now add bathrooms to the list of things you know about some of my favorite photo subject matter and what influences my photography.

Have I mentioned this before? I don't know but I love them. All shapes, sizes, even the cleanliness factor. If a public restroom (public, for this purpose is really limited to a hole-in-the-wall bar, gas station, or other kind of travel stop or roadside attraction - snake farm, anyone?) is kinda gross even, I appreciate that because it's only indicative of a certain lifestyle that may be intriguing somehow - no frills, vintage, old school, or country, for example. Yes, that just reminded me - I have told you this before because I remember explaining why I even liked the dingy bathroom, that's a step away from an outhouse, at Dry Creek Saloon. Here's that post, if you care to get more details on what attracts me to bathrooms, aesthetically speaking.

P.S. If I know you or meet you through someone I know and happen to use your nasty bathroom - that is not interesting, that's just gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment