Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Capri and the Amalfi Coast

These photos are from the first time I went to Italy and ventured over to Capri. And some are from many years later when I was living in Milan for a month (planned to stay but that didn't pan out ... even was ready to sell my car & buy a Vespa!) then went back to Amalfi and traveled around the coast - Positano, Ravello, and other small towns doting the crystal blue sea. It's summertime - who has the travel bug and is dying ... dying to be near the ocean, head happily floating through the wind, living love every day? I'm going on a blogging tour of places I've been and that changed my life somehow. Travel brings incredible experiences of meeting people, eating amazing food, visiting historical landmarks, and seeing art of the masters inches in front of you but for some reason, no matter where I go, I'm left with at least one really hyper-visual random image in my memory: like jagged straw stems sticking out of my beach bag strap that broke while I was descending a steep and narrow stairwell on Positano. Small shops and galleries lived in the mountainside to the left and right of the staircase.

Should I stick to Italy in my next post or go somewhere else?
Capri

Capri

Capri

Capri

Capri

Amalfi Coast

Amalfi

Ravello

Ravello

Capri

Ravello

Capri

Capri

Capri taxi


No comments:

Post a Comment