Friday, November 18, 2011

FFF Sunday

After a lovely weekend of exploring Austin's food trailers, boutiques, and vintage shops I got a wild hair on Sunday morning when Mike started chanting Slayer's "Reign in Blood" at the foot of the bed. I imagined it live and got really excited! I knew that being the last day of FFF, I could have an easier shot at getting a discounted ticket ... I figured people get burned out by the end of the festivals and give up. There are also those that could care less about Slayer or don't even know who they are. I've never been a HUGE fan especially compared to most of my friends, who definitely have been since before they even became teenagers but I had known for years that I needed to see Slayer once in my life. So I went.

And sadly but honestly I have to say, I didn't really care. I was too far away and that's why I don't go to festivals. Distance creates a disconnect and it doesn't sound as good either. But I had a great time. I mostly enjoyed the blue stage, which I couldn't stop referring to as "the party tent". "I'm goin' to the party tent" or "Dude, I'm at the party tent!" It was dantzy music and I figured I should experience bands I would not go see outside of scoring a PIP pass for FFF. I love neon lights & signs but for a second there I thought, "Who am I? Hahaha, where am I?!" Really, it wasn't like that. But I think it was for the guys next to me who were pointing at the lights on the ground from someone else's magic wand topped with a swirling light sphere when one of them jumped in the circle of disco lights and started furiously moving his feet and dancing. It was awesome.

At one point I was at one of the PIP areas closest to the blue stage. PIP areas were raised platforms with seating away from the crowd, where you could watch the show. I was trying to get a good panorama of the city when a couple stood up in front of me. I sort of waited for some moment, not knowing what that moment was, but:
Amazing! And this is the one and only shot I am excited about during FFF.

I did get a video of Cannibal Corpse that I like because you can see dust swirls from the pit in front of me and it looks like ghosts dancing right in front of my eyes:
Other than that, I discovered Trash Talk. They ruled.


No comments:

Post a Comment