Tuesday, November 8, 2011

FFF Sidelines

I sat out FFF. Never been before; I'm not against it or music festivals in general but I just prefer a more intimate setting for live music. And I'd rather pay a more manageable price for a band/s I really want to see than more for a handful of bands I settle on.

Anyway, I loved enjoying Austin peacefully this past weekend and I had such a great time that I felt like a tourist - not like an outsider (I've lived here on & off, mostly on, since '94) but with renewed wonder & exploration. I'd drop Mike off early in the day then stop at a food trailer (La BoƮte) for breakfast & espresso, then cruise around South 1st & Lamar, appreciating the diverse architecture & landscape of awesome neighborhoods...also visiting boutiques & vintage shops. Then, I'd grab a drink and dinner before picking Mike up after dark.

I loved getting updates from Mike, seeing his great photos, interviews, & hearing his excitement & what a good time he was having @ shows & collecting shots & interviews for his radio show (The Danger Show) on Kaosradioaustin.org. We'd meet back up at the end of the day after he rocked out & I peaced out.

Stay tuned because I actually got a wild hair on the final day of FFF & hunted down a special ticket. Images to come later this week. And I'll have a special guest blogger who will share his front row (& back stage) experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment