Friday, November 16, 2012

What I'm Showing at E.A.S.T. 2012 ... and some Why.






Hello!

I hope everyone is happy, healthy, and enjoying the season. I recently spent some time in Cleveland with my mom and was able to experience a true fall, where the red, orange, yellow, and green leaves on massive trees glow vibrantly in the sunshine as the seasons turn. I also visited Lake Erie, one of the Great Lakes. Ohio, in its post-industrial and depressed middle American state, still has nuggets of beauty and prosperity set against an overall backdrop of a wonderfully photographic gritty existence. 

I brought some of those images to exhibit in E.A.S.T., (East Austin Studio Tour) which started last weekend and will continue this weekend, Saturday and Sunday (November 17-18) from 11am-6pm. I hope you can stop by to say hello, drink cheap vino, grab some snacks and check out a nice mix of art photography at Juju Foto Factory. We are destination H45 on the E.A.S.T. map. 2235 E. Sixth Street, just past Robert T. Martinez if you are heading east on E. Sixth. 

The collection I'm showing is a combination of organic landscapes and urban landscapes - always a magnetic juxtaposition in my daily life. Attached are some samples of what I have at the show. I have work priced from $5-$200, so there's something for every budget. I also have older work from my traveling adventures in Europe, including b+w archival images I custom printed in the darkroom. I really wanted to make artwork accessible to everyone so I have great deals (i.e. 1 for $50 or 2 for $80 and a wide variety of subjects. 

If you would like to learn more about the group I'm showing my work with, Austin Art Photography, or need detailed directions click here

Thank you to those of you who have already made it by the foto factory. I very much appreciate your support. I would love to see more of you! This will be the last weekend until next year. If you haven't yet experienced E.A.S.T., it's a great way to explore Austin, see what local talent is up to, get good eats & drinks on the east side, discover up & coming artists, and find affordable, unique treasures for yourself, your home, and as Christmas gifts. 

Love and light,
Tara  

And here's some stuff I thought about showing in the exhibition but, you know, editing ...





No comments:

Post a Comment