Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Crossing the Brooklyn Bridge

black and white film images of NYC













To make these images I used my manual Leica R8, 35mm camera. I used Ilford HP5 Plus film to get well-separated mid-tones for proper and detailed exposure. I was able to get fine grain where I wanted and heavy grain for certain shots. I love how dynamic film is. It's also very sensitive. I can immediately tell when a printed image was made using film -- there's such a personal quality and a certain depth you can't get elsewhere. Makes my heart happy! Some of these will be in my Etsy shop, soon. Feel free to post in the comments or DM me @ taracphoto@me.com if you have any questions, comments, etc. in the meantime!

For more photos of NYC, click here and here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment