Saturday, August 20, 2011

Newborn photography. Precious baby Ella.

This is my sister's baby. I knew when I held her I'd feel the same sisterly bond I do with Lora. I loved her and I knew her before she was born. It's been pretty surreal - my little sister having a baby. I've asked her lots of questions. I'm learning from her. 

This little girl is so pure. This is the first life I've seen in it's brand new existence. Looking at her fingers, her long arms and her long legs, her protective skin and her little lips adapting to the more developed human's form of eating. Translation = adapting to sucking on a breast rather than having an umbilical IV. 

She's about a week old, here. At some point early on during my visit I couldn't help but think about the abused babies of the world; I couldn't imagine how anyone could harm something so miraculous.

I then wondered why I would think of such a horrible thing. The dark side of me rarely makes appearances so all I can conclude is that, through a blessed bond with my sister, I have felt the only thing I can closely perceive to be a miracle. 
This is blood.





No comments:

Post a Comment