Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Welcome to my photo blog. I'm like a Native American Confucius on Espresso.

So, here it is. The Photo Blog.

I've had a website for quite a while and have changed it around a number of times. Originally, I thought of it like most anybody else would - as a sort of permanent collection where friends, collectors, and clients could purchase fine art photography prints, look at samples of my work to get an idea of wedding photography, and see photography prices for prints, events, and photo sessions. As I was creating the website and organizing images and pages into themes, I began to think of it more as an online gallery, where I could swap out art and continually post new projects. That didn't work out as I had envisioned due to template and design issues that made things too cumbersome so I added a blog, where I would announce exhibits, updates, sales, and maybe just my thoughts and opinions on occasion. Now, I'm back to the original idea -- I'm just going to use my website as a landing ground -- a sort of permanent collection.

And so what will I use this for?
 To easily host my flood of thoughts, visual concepts, and opinions on art and everything else. Here, I'll announce everything that's going on, including updates I make to the website. I'll also link to other sites I use for specific platforms.

Here's a list of the sites I'm on and what I use them for:
Tara Cuccia Photography: website: pricing, appointments, purchase
flickr: online gallery of different concepts for exhibitions and photo essays
TaraCucciaPhoto on Twitter: quick look at what I'm up to in real time and what I find interesting in art/other news
Tara Cuccia on Facebook: It's FB and I love it. Less formal announcements, but I'll still post photo updates and hold contests for free and discounted photographs. Be sure to subscribe to my RSS feed on my website so you'll be notified anytime a new contest is announced!

Of course, you can connect with me on Twitter & Facebook by clicking the links that are permanently on my blogger site, right here -- in the right margin of my page.

Looking forward to connecting with everybody, getting your feedback and hearing your comments.

1 comment:

  1. yowzer! Look forward to the digital you. I totally 10001010010110010 you so much!

    ReplyDelete